2023 Nissan Pathfinder, All you want to know & watch about a Great Car
2023 Nissan Pathfinder price and specs
The Nissan Pathfinder is back, with chunky, fresh new styling plus more technology, a new transmission, and higher prices.
The Pathfinder’s available four-wheel drive system features direct coupling and a range of terrain modes, comprising Snow, Sand, Mud/Rut plus a dedicated Tow mode.
The latter features an onboard trailer stability program.
While Nissan Australia claims the new Pathfinder offers “go-anywhere capability” and is keen to call this version more “rugged” than its chief competitors, it’s not some body-on-frame 4×4 with low-range like the third-generation model sold between 2005 and 2012 (or, for that matter, a Toyota Prado).
The only powertrain is a 3.5-litre V6, now mated with a nine-speed torque-converter automatic transmission instead of a CVT.
This stands in contrast with the Toyota Kluger, which is switching to a turbocharged four-cylinder engine for 2023.
Toyota also offers the option of a hybrid, while the latest Pathfinder can no longer be specified with an electrified powertrain.
Other rivals for the Pathfinder include the turbocharged four-cylinder Mazda CX-9, as well as the Hyundai Santa Fe and Palisade and Kia Sorento.
The Korean trio are available with a choice of petrol V6 and turbo-diesel four-cylinder engines, with the Sorento also offered as a hybrid or plug-in hybrid.
- 2023 N issan P athfinder ST 2WD: $54,190
- 2023 N issan P athfinder ST-L 4WD: $59,990
- 2023 N issan P athfinder Ti 2WD: $63,990
- 2023 N issan P athfinder Ti 4WD: $67,990
- 2023 N issan P athfinder Ti-L 4WD: $77,890
All prices exclude on-road costs.
The 2023 N issan P athfinder is powered by a naturally-aspirated 3.5-litre V6 engine producing 202kW of power at 6400rpm and 340Nm of torque at 4800rpm, identical outputs to its predecessor.
The old CVT has been scrapped in favour of a nine-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
It’s available with both front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive.
The 2023 Nissan Pathfinder uses 10L/100km on the combined cycle in front-wheel drive guise and 10.5L/100km in all-wheel drive models.
It has a 71L fuel tank.
The 2023 N issan P athfinder measures 5004mm long, 1978mm wide (excluding the mirrors) and 1798mm tall, on a 2900mm wheelbase.
It has 205L of cargo space with all seats up, expanding to 554L with the third row dropped and 782L with the second and third row dropped.
Braked towing capacity is 2700kg and unbraked is 750kg, with maximum towball download of 270kg and maximum roof load of 74kg.
Kerb mass ranges from 1977kg in the base ST to 2083kg in the Ti-L.
Servicing and Warranty
Nissan backs its cars with a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
Service pricing has yet to be announced.
The Pathfinder has yet to be tested by ANCAP.
Standard safety equipment on all models includes:
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian and cyclist detection and junction assist
- Reverse autonomous emergency braking
- Blind-spot assist
- Lane-keep assist
- Lane departure warning
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Traffic-sign recognition with over-speed prevention
- Adaptive cruise control with speed limiter
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Nine airbags
- Reversing camera with rear parking sensors
ST-L and up also receive:
- Surround-view camera
- ProPilot (adaptive cruise control + lane centering)
The Nissan Pathfinder ST comes standard with:
- Eight seats
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- LED headlights with dusk sensors and auto high-beam
- 9.0-inch touchscreen
- 10.8-inch head-up display
- 7.0-inch TFT instrument cluster display
- Wireless Apple CarPlay
- Wired Android Auto
- DAB+ digital radio
- Six-speaker sound system
- Satellite navigation
- Black cloth upholstery
- Eight-way power driver’s seat with lumbar control
- Heated front seats
- Tri-zone climate control
- Power-folding exterior mirrors
- Keyless entry and start
- ‘EZ Flex’ latch-and-glide seating adjustment
- Urethane steering wheel
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel adjustment
- Electric parking brake
- 2 x USB-A outlets
- 2 x USB-C outlets
- 2 x 12V outlets
N issan P athfinder ST-L adds
- ProPILOT lane-keep assist with traffic jam pilot
- Surround-view camera with moving-object sensors
- Roof rails
- LED fog lights
- Power tailgate
- Remote start
- Rear privacy glass
- Leather-accented steering wheel
N issan P athfinder Ti adds
- Different-design 18-inch alloy wheels
- Leather-accented seats
- Heated second-row outboard seats
- Wireless phone charging
- 13-speaker BOSE audio system
- 10-way power driver seat
- Third-row USB-A port
N issan P athfinder Ti-L adds:
- Seven seat option (captain’s chairs in middle row)
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- Panoramic sunroof
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Underbody protection
- Ventilated front seats
- Digital rear-view mirror
- ‘Wrap-around’ cabin ambient lighting
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- ‘Premium’ dash trim
- 12-way power driver seat
- 4-way power passenger seat
The 2023 Nissan Pathfinder is available in the following colours:
- Glacier White
- Scarlet Ember
- Super Black
- Gun Metallic
- Brilliant Silver
- Ivory Pearl
- Deep Ocean Blue Pearl
The Ti and Ti-L are also available in the following two-tone treatments:
- Boulder Grey with black roof
- Scarlet Ember with black roof
- Ivory Pearl with black roof
- Gun Metallic with black roof